PMAA has been providing our members with valuable services and resources for over 75 years. Some of those core items are:
PMAA maintains close contact with state agencies and officials, other local government associations, and private consultant sources helping us to serve as a clearinghouse for any questions our members may have.
Oversees sources of information relating to authorities, such as samples of resolutions, by-laws, job descriptions and rules and regulations and makes these sources available to members.
In addition, the Association’s legal counsel is available to answer the more complex legal concerns affecting authorities. (Expand on this?)
Services such as insurances, UC, training opportunities, magazine
There are many valuable programs that your authority is able to take advantage of just by being a member of PMAA.
Insurance Trustees of PMAA - In partnership with National Insurance Services, group life, weekly disability income and long-term disability insurance programs are provided
OnDemand Energy Solutions – Providing energy procurement consulting services to members of Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association
PA Local Government Investment Trust (PLGIT) - A money market trust fund administered by and for local government units
PennBid - Electronic Procurement Paperless Bid Management System
Unemployment Compensation Trust (UC Trust) - An unemployment compensation fund managed by PMAA Trustees
Workers’ Compensation, Property, Casualty, Environmental, Liability Insurance - A complete line of risk management and insurance programs administered by MRM Trust/The HDH Group, Inc. This coverage includes general liability, property, auto, public official’s liability, workers’ compensation and miscellaneous municipal coverage.
Government Relations Services - Vital to the Association and one of the main reasons PMAA was formed is to provide legislative services. PMAA represents the interest of authorities before the state legislature, the Department of Environmental Protection, The US Environmental Protection Agency and other state and federal entities by:
- Tracking state and federal legislation and regulations
- Developing positions and comments
- Testifying at hearings and meetings with legislators, environmental officials, and others to present PMAA positions
- Publications including the CHAR, Municipality Authorities Act, Legislative Directory and Special Reports
Education & Training - PMAA offers a wide variety of educational and training opportunities for authority board members, staff and consultants, including:
Communications/Publications - PMAA membership benefits include a host of communications services – publications, advertising opportunities, news updates, and more.
- The Authority PMAA’s bi-monthly magazine featuring technical articles, legislative updates, events listings, and classified advertising
- PMAA’s annual Membership Directory is an annual publication featuring contact information for members and associate members, award recipients, PMAA board and committee members
- PA Municipal Authorities Act is updated every two years to include all amendments
- Surveys of PMAA members let you see the latest trends in the industry
- Preserving Authority Ownership is an informative booklet on privatization
- Community Outreach Kit is an essential public relations tool that will boost your authority’s profile in the community
We are always a call or click away to help. Contact us today!