The mission of the Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association (PMAA) is to assist municipal authorities in providing services that protect and enhance the environment and promote the economic vitality and general welfare of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and its citizens.
To achieve this mission, PMAA will:
- Support and promote the provision of high quality, affordable authority services by:
- Promoting use of ethical and sound business practices;
- Providing education and training about established and innovative practices;
- Providing information, services and publications;
- Providing leadership and developing guidance on ways to address evolving service challenges.
- Educate PMAA members, legislators, municipal officials and the general public about obligations, challenges and accomplishments of authorities;
- Represent authorities in matters before the courts and regulatory and legislative bodies and organize efforts to promote participation of authorities in these areas.